top of page

Employment-based (EB) Visa

Can't find an American worker to fill your staffing needs?  Are you seeking to sponsor a nurse for your hospital?

Opposed to a temporary work authorization under the H visa program, where work authorization is typically only three years with a three-year renewal, and the employee does not acquire a green card, the employment-based (EB) visa program qualifies the applicant for green card sponsorship and permanent residency in America. However, it is often the case that an H-1B employee will ultimately end up with a green card by his or her employer sponsoring through the EB visa program.  There are five categories of EB visas, many of which require that an employer obtain a permanent labor certification (PERM) prior to sponsoring the employee:

E-1 visas are a first preference category and do not always require employer sponsorship.  They include individuals with extraordinary abilitiesprofessors and researchers, and multinational management and executive personnel.  


E-2 visas are second preference, and include professionals holding advanced degrees and persons with exceptional abilities.  Unlike E-1 visas, E-2 visas generally require labor certifications and typically exceed 1/4 of all employment-based immigrant visas annually. 


E-3 visas are a third preference and also make up over a 1/4 of all employment-based visas annually. E-3's include skilled workersprofessionals, and unskilled workers


E-4 visas are a fourth preference, and are reserved for specifically designated groups.  E-4 visas do not require labor certification.  If you feel you may qualify for an E-4 visa, please contact our office to discuss further you eligibility.  

E-5 visas are given to qualified Immigrant Investors seeking to establish new commercial enterprises which will provide job creation.

Please let us know if you or your company is looking to obtain or sponsor an employee for an employment-based visa.

bottom of page