top of page

PERM Labor Certification

Short on staff?  Can't find an American to fill the position?  Looking to hire a foreign national for your firm?

Often the first step in seeking to fill an employment vacancy with a foreign worker requires seeking a labor certification from the Department of Labor.  The Department must certify to USCIS that there is a shortage of American workers qualified and willing to accept the position you are seeking to fill.  Additionally, the Department must certify that hiring the foreign worker will not adversely affect wages and working conditions of similarly situated American workers.  

This process begins by your company seeking a prevailing wage determination (PWD), which will set the required wage for the specific position you are seeking to fill and in the specific geographic area of the office where the employee will be working.

Once you have the PWD, you will need to begin the "posting period" which includes posting an offering for the position for a period of thirty (30) days, in a conspicuous place in your office or in a local newspaper for consecutive weeks.  Once completed, you will file the PERM application and wait for approval from the Department.  Once received, you can then begin the process of filing the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker with your intended employee. 

Please give us a call today to discuss how the PERM process works and how it may benefit you and your company's staffing needs!

bottom of page