top of page

Naturalization / Citizenship

Have you been married to a United States Citizen for at least three years?  Have you held a green card for at least 5 years?  Were you under 18 when your parent became a citizen?

Naturalization is the process by which people born outside of the United States become citizens. You are eligible for United States Citizenship if you have held a green card during the past five years and have not left the country for a period of 6 months or longer in any of those years.  If you were married to a United States Citizen for three years while holding a green card, you do not need to wait until 5 years has passed.

Citizenship requires not only that you are eligible, based on your green card status and length of time residing in the United States, but also requires that you are a desirable candidate.  This means that you can 1) read and write English, 2) that you can pass an American History and Civics exam, and 3) that you are not otherwise barred as a result of past bad acts.

If you are interested in becoming a United States Citizen, or believe you may already be eligible, please call our office.  We would love to help you make this dream a reality!

bottom of page